National Language Service Corps (NLSC)
The NLSC is a community of multilingual U.S. citizens providing language and cultural support to Federal government agencies. When you join the NLSC, you become a member of America’s premier group of language professionals who connect, share, and grow through networking, training, and testing opportunities.
A congressionally authorized program within the Defense Language and National Security Education Office (DLNSEO), the NLSC enables members to support Federal Government partners at home and abroad through translation, interpretation, instruction, and cultural advising.
NLSC Membership Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen
- 18 years of age or older
- Fluency in English and a foreign language
- Male applicants must have registered for Selective Service
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Translation and interpretation experience
- Foreign Language certifications
- Academic qualifications in language and cultural studies
To learn more about NLSC membership and start your application, please visit the NLSC website: www.nlscorps.org/membership or call 1-888-SAY-NLSC (729-6572).